· Learning is based on communication. We try to create suitable situations (role plays, games) for students to start speaking Estonian as soon as possible.
· We change partners every lesson in order to expose students to a range styles, accelerate learning and prepare for oral examinations
· We try to use Estonian as much as possible, and phase out the metalanguage as students progress
· We use the textbooks to read, translate, practise and explain key concepts such as grammar and syntax. We use language pictures to memorize, revise and practice new grammar via stories based on the picture.
· We include audio, video, songs, radio programmes and language games to add variety and create an enjoyable atmosphere.
· We also leave the classroom and learn in a natural environment. We may visit a café, order a taxi, go shopping, have picnic in a park or go to a concert.